Under general supervision, independently applies advanced engineering techniques, makes decisions on engineering problems and methods, and represents the organization in conferences to resolve important questions or to negotiate with key engineers and officials of other organizations. Provides technical guidance to designers and less experienced engineers and is consulted extensively by associates and others with a high degree of reliance placed on scientific interpretations and advice. Job role is responsible for a measurable asset such as an assigned staff and budget.
This position is assigned to a client site in Louisville, KY. Work will be performed full time at site. No relocation or per diem will be offered.
- Responsible for design, specification and services related to piping systems and piping layout including piping material selection, piping material line classes, standard and specialty piping components, pressure, weight and thermal analysis of piping systems, vibration analysis and piping support systems.
- Work with Client engineers, Process Area coordinators and construction leads to properly execute design packages for < $500K jobs, from FEL1 thru IFC
- Complete designs of assigned projects to including the design reviews
- Assist Client Planners with plant documentation of piping and process change requests (PCR)
- Field work to verify dimensions and routing will be required as a daily task and involves climbing ladders.
- Create and draft all piping arrangement, isometric, and orthographic drawings needed to safely implement the project
- Review vendor equipment drawings for projects and consult vendors as required for information on components required to install the project
- Assist in creating and updating some piping specifications required for projects.
- Create complete piping and tie-in tabulation and BOMs for projects.
- Field verify completed design to document as-build status
- Minimum 15 years of applicable industry piping/mechanical experience within the chemical and industrial industry
- Proficiency with 3D Piping software (PDMS) & 2D Microstation or AutoCad is required.
- Experience in Microsoft (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc…) is required.
- Must have design and field experience in chemical or petrochemical plants
- Work is located at a chemical plant and requires exposure to ambient temperature extremes
- Work may require using and wearing personal protective equipment such as fire retardant clothing, hearing and eye protection, hard hat and steel-toed boots
- Day-to-day physical requirements involve standard office activities including sitting/standing for extended periods of time, attending meetings, use of keyboard and mouse repetitively, lifting and carrying less than 20 lbs frequently, etc
- Work requires moderate physical exertion including walking to operating areas and walking up stairs
- May require walking the project property
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits, which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY AT KBR
At KBR, we are passionate about our people, sustainability and our Zero Harm culture.
These inform all that we do and are at the heart of our commitment to and ongoing journey toward being a more inclusive and diverse company. That commitment is central to our team of teams philosophy and fosters an environment of real collaboration across cultures and locations. Our individual differences and perspectives bring enhanced value to our teams and help us develop solutions for the most challenging problems. We understand that by embracing those differences and working together, we are more innovative, more resilient and safer.
Please Click The Link For Application : https://kbr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/KBR_Careers/job/Louisville-Kentucky/Principal-Designer_R2047619-1