KBR has a dynamic opportunity for professional growth! We are looking for a Senior Geophysicist to provide scientific and engineering support to the Research Development Initiative (RDI)-052 Project, Advanced Short-Period Modeling to Lower Thresholds – 3D Models, at the Air Force Technical Applications Center (AFTAC), located on Patrick SFB, FL. This study attempts to facilitate identification of low-magnitude test-site events using waveforms from selected stations.
***Must be a US Citizen***
***Must have a fully adjudicated (not an interim) Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility***
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
Relocation assistance may be available for qualified candidates.
- Construction of a waveform dataset of events
- Event travel time and amplitude measurements
- Determination of 2D path-specific velocity models between source and sensor pairs
- Characterization of misfit and the level of agreement between synthetic waveforms created from the 2D velocity models and observed data
- Deliver a library of Green’s functions
- Moment tensor inversion
- Collaboration with government scientists on software development to perform smooth envelope inversion
- Deliver a final scientific report which includes results and technical details on the models and the scripts used to execute various scenarios
Required Education, Experience, & Skills:
- Bachelors Degree in related field
- 5 + years of relevant experience performing tasks like those above
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to leverage a multidisciplinary team of scientists
- Strong science background in finite-difference modeling of far-field wave propagation
- Documented expertise in the ability to interface software to link code operations
- Capable of handling elastic and anelastic physics and stochastic modeling
- Experience working within a government Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF)
Please Click The Link For Application : https://kbr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/KBR_Careers/job/Patrick-AFB-Florida/Senior-Geophysicist_R2052431