KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR’s areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity.
Our people make the world a more productive, efficient and fascinating place. And that’s only the beginning.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who were fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or who have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
Special Process Quality Auditor will have experience in auditing globally diverse teams, communicating with senior management, managing challenging customer issues, leveraging the larger Aero organization for solutions, and solving complex problems where a degree of ambiguity exists.
Position will complete onsite audits and associated pre-audit and post-audit work in the following special process areas; Calibration, Heat Treat, Machining, Chemical Processing/Plating, Thermal Spray, Welding, and Shot Peening.
Position requires travel to conduct audits; audit locations are likely to include US locations, Mexico locations and Europe locations.
- Responsible for auditing Special Processes at a key Aerospace customer’s manufacturing sites and suppliers.
- Requires breadth of technical special process / NADCAP (National Aerospace and Defense Contractors Accreditation Program).
- Knowledge and experience across programs and products in order to work with our sites and customers in determining compliance with appropriate special process requirements.
Key job responsibilities:
- Perform audits per NADCAP / customer requirements using NADCAP and customer specific checklists.
- Document opportunities and findings against noncompliance’s, work with sites to ensure robust corrective actions are completed on time and effective.
- Experience in auditing the following areas/special processes: Conventional Machining, Chemical Processing, Heat Treat, Welding, Coatings, etc.
Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
- Education: High School, GED, or Equivalent (15 yrs.) plus 2 yrs. experience in process family; or associate degree (13 yrs. plus 2 yrs. college) plus 2 yrs. Aerospace Quality or Special Process Experience. Exceptions to the minimum Education/Experience requirements shall require approval by the customer’s Special Process Management and/or the applicable CAA (Certified Accessor Auditor). It shall include an assessment of the candidate’s ability to perform the job function.
- Experience: Demonstration of Special Process family technical knowledge/experience must be validated in writing by the applicable CAA and be based on exam, interview, or documented training/experience. This requirement is not applicable if the candidate is already certified as a SCA (Source Certifying Agent).
- Process Training: 40 hours Quality System training, auditing and use of Acceptance Checklists (AC).
- Audit Experience: Complete a minimum of one Special Process training audit under the direction of a qualified CAA, CA [Certified Assessor), SCA (if authorized by the CAA) or Aerospace Network Auditor for each Special Process category. Prior audit experience may be accepted at the discretion of the applicable CAA.
Additional recommended Qualifications:
- NADCAP PRI Audit experience highly desirable.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or Technical discipline preferred – Qualified auditor to industry requirements for AS9100 and two or more special processes.
- Knowledge of NADCAP and all other Special Processes applicable to client sites and suppliers.
- Working knowledge of aerospace quality practices and industry standards. – Strong computer skills with high level proficiency in Microsoft Office tools such as Excel and PowerPoint as well as comfortability working with virtual communication and meeting tools such as Teams or similar.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience with project management and facilitation.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of leadership.
- Ability to identify risks and mitigating actions to achieve positive results.
- Effective interpersonal skills to interface within and between culturally diverse organizations, data, define actions, and implement solutions.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for implementing solutions.
- Knowledge and application of statistical analysis methods is preferred.
- Excellent team building skills, creating constructive and open environments for sharing data.
- Experience with Aerospace products.
- Demonstrated leadership capability to drive step change improvements in quality performance.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects and manage the activities of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proven problem-solving skills, including ability to interpret data, define actions, and implement solutions.
- Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for implementing solutions.
- Adept in soliciting facts and opinions from all team members and creating a constructive and open environment for sharing data.
- Capable of making fact-based decisions and communicating to team members why certain facts or recommendations prevailed over others.
- Please Click The Link For Application: https://kbr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/KBR_Careers/details/Special-Process-Quality-Auditor–Remote-_R2050085