Job category : Engineering
Job type : Professionals
Relocation available : Yes – Domestic (In country) only
Travel required : Yes – up to 25%
Provision of deep mechanical engineering expertise and judgment in service of the assets, working closely with Area Engineering to ensure efficient handover of all issues that require field engineering guidance to resolve.
Ensure pragmatic solutions are implemented for management of risk, production efficiency improvement, maintenance, defect elimination and engineering standardization in support of safe, reliable, and compliant operations.
Experience and job requirements
Substantial experience and technical understanding of engineering, maintenance, and operation of mechanical equipment in oil & gas processing facilities.
Knowledge of governing codes, industry standards and local laws relevant to mechanical engineering, and proven track record in practical application of engineering standards and practices for mechanical equipment.
- Provides mechanical engineering (ME) expertise to other teams by performing and reviewing complex, or non-routine mechanical engineering calculations and analyses. (Comment: Relevant teams include Projects & Mods, IM, Maintenance, Programme Execution.)
- Provides ME expertise to MoCs and to brownfield projects and modifications. (Comment: Relevant support activities involve regulatory compliance, deviations from technical practice/specifications, design reviews, procurement support for complex packages, life cycle operability, Category Management and SQM activities.)
- Provides ME expertise to hazard identification and risk assessment processes. (Comment: Relevant hazard identification and risk assessment processes include MoCs, HAZOPs, LOPAs, HAZIDs, Human Factors Analysis, What-Ifs, Vulnerability studies, Bow-ties and Risk Action Plans.)
- Provides ME expertise in performing incident investigations (IRIS) and defect investigations (OPTIMA).
- Ensures that the inspection, testing, maintenance and condition supervising tasks in CMMS and Operator Workbench are aligned with the technical intent of Equipment Strategies.
- Develops and updates the technical content of Equipment Strategies based on equipment performance feedback and performs periodic review of CMMS and
- Operator Workbench effectiveness. (Comment: Relevant equipment performance feedback includes inspection, testing and maintenance data, critical metrics, condition monitoring data, equipment MoC and findings from defect investigations.)
- Performs reliability analysis for mechanical equipment using surveillance, maintenance and condition monitoring data, and trends performance metrics.
- Provides ME expertise to delivery of regional actions. Leads on resolution of complex, multi-discipline technical issues where the dominant component is mechanical engineering. (Comment: Relevant sources of actions include HAZOP/LOPA, HVLs, Learning Alerts/Bulletins, Audit findings, IRIS/Traction, RAP, F4S, MoC, OPTIMA and engineering studies).
- Records relevant findings in shared learning systems, incorporates into local activities and calls out high priority lessons.
Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
Why join us
At bp, we believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life, including a generous paid parental leave policy and excellent retirement benefits, among others!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Please Click The Link For application: https://www.bp.com/en/global/corporate/careers/professionals/career-areas/engineering.html?jobId=135720BR