Title:Range Control Center/Electronic Technician
KBR is seeking a Range Control Center/Electronic Technician to work on various types of fixed and electronic command and control equipment and related devices by performing one or a combination of the following: operating, installing, maintaining, repairing, overhauling, troubleshooting, modifying, construction and testing. This position requires providing skilled support in the performance of duties in the Range Control Center and Mobile Range Control Systems.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who will be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or who have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
***Must be U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident***
- Apply a technical knowledge of electronic hardware and software principles to determine malfunctions and to put the equipment in required operating condition
- Interpreting and troubleshooting software code in multiple legacy languages
- Perform preventive maintenance and health checks on DQ Mission computer systems
- Work from engineering drawings and specifications and utilize a thorough knowledge of the operating characteristics and circuit design of the various electronic and computerized instrumentation systems
- Identify problems and recommend corrective actions
- Maintain up-to-date logs and submit reports of activities and/or accomplishments
- Process DMSP (Defense Meteorological Satellite Program) data from all received data sources (tracking sites) and process all tracking data for launches
- Generate each mission’s Parallax Look Angles and INPs for tracking assets
Ability to work outside of normal shift schedule to support range launch activities
The candidate may be required to receive and continue to maintain a secret clearance as required.
Safety and quality awareness and compliance are required.
Shift work and travel up to 10% or more may be required.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- In lieu of formal education 8 + years of experience with LINUX / UNIX
- Thorough knowledge of legacy UNIX and DOS and Windows XP based systems
- Ability to interpret FORTRAN code and pipe it to other languages
- Knowledge of computer networking between legacy operating systems
Please Click the link for application : https://kbr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/KBR_Careers/job/Wallops-Island-Virginia/Range-Control-Center-Electronic-Technician_R2043610