KBR is looking for a Software Engineer (SME 2) with Database Development skills to add to its high performing team of engineers and Quality Assurance personnel. This position is for an experienced software engineer with database development skills looking to work with a small team that has an excellent track record for providing excellent products and services to its customers within the Defense Health Agency in Aurora, Colorado.
Position responsibilities include providing technical skills for the development, maintenance and support of business applications that are an integral part of the management and administration of the Defense Health Agency. The candidate will establish relationships with end customers, obtain and refine requirements, build agreed upon schedules and work with software staff to deliver high quality products on-time, utilizing Microsoft Development Tools. From time to time, responsibilities will include the ability to fill in Independent Quality Assurance and Database Administration tasks that will enhance professional development.
Candidate should have experience across a variety of tasks including
- Gathering, interpreting and documenting customer requirements
- Providing technical support for the development, maintenance, and support of business applications
- Providing technical support in the preparation of information assurance documentation and associated audits.
- Estimation of level of effort and duration of Software Development tasks
- Providing functional expertise for the analysis and enhancements of business tools
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation related to supported business tools
- Providing support for transactional databases in a SQL Server environment
- Identifying, documenting and communicating process improvements
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Government Public Trust clearance
- BA/BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience. In lieu of degree, 13 years of progressive related experience. Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
- Software Development experience in Microsoft .Net, VBA, or equivalent
- Strong experience with Microsoft SQL Server (through SQL Server 16), Transact SQL, and Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services
- Experience in performance quality assurance tasks such as unit, performance and regression testing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools including MS Project, Visio and Access.
- Ability to work with a team containing technical and non-technical members.
- Obtain and keep current CompTIA Security+ Certification annually
- Documented ability to relate to customer requirements, their requirement changes and ability to produce the results the customer was looking for.
- Experience utilizing Team Foundation Server
- Experience with database backups, restores, and query tuning in a Microsoft SQL Server environment.
- Knowledge of development architectures and software patterns
- Applied knowledge of an agile development process for small applications.
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework and its implementation a plus.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Pay range: $91,900 – $116,000
The offered rate will be based on the selected candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities and/or experience and in consideration of internal parity.
KBR may offer bonuses, commissions, or other forms of compensation to certain job titles or levels, per internal policy or contractual designation. Additional compensation may be in the form of sign on bonus, relocation benefits, short term incentives, long term incentives, or discretionary payments for exceptional performance.
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
Please Click The link for application : https://kbr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/KBR_Careers/job/Aurora-Colorado/Software-Engineer_R2040776