Willing to consider out-of-state applicants however, a formal relocation package is not available.
KBR is now hiring Software Engineer (Technical Advisor) to add to its high performing team of engineers, database administrators and Quality Assurance personnel. This position is located in Aurora, Colorado.
Position responsibilities include providing technical skills for the development, maintenance and support of business applications that are an integral part of the management and administration of the Defense Health Agency. The candidate will establish relationships with end customers, obtain and refine requirements, build agreed upon schedules and mentor software staff to deliver high quality products on-time, utilizing Microsoft Development Tools. From time to time, responsibilities will include the ability to fill in Independent Quality Assurance tasks that will enhance professional development.
Candidate should have experience across a variety of tasks including
- Gathering, interpreting and documenting customer requirements
- Providing technical support for the development, maintenance, and support of business applications
- Providing technical support in the preparation of information assurance documentation and associated audits.
- Estimation of level of effort and duration of Software Development tasks
- Providing technical support and mentorship to less experienced team members
- Providing functional expertise for the analysis and enhancements of business tools
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation related to supported business tools
- Providing support for transactional databases in a Microsoft SQL Server environment
- Identifying, documenting and communicating process improvements
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a Government Public Trust clearance
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Software Development, or related discipline.
- 5+ years solid software development experience
- 13+ years of experience in lieu of degree
- Obtain and keep current Security+ Training Certification annually
- Contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
- Software Development experience in C# or equivalent
- Strong Transact SQL development experience
- Experience with xUnit, MSTest, or nUnit Unit Testing frameworks
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools including MS Project, Visio and Access.
- Ability to work with a team containing technical and non-technical members.
- Documented ability to relate to customer requirements, their requirement changes and ability to produce the results the customer was looking for.
Additional Skills Preferred:
- Experience utilizing Azure DevOps or GIT version control (specifically Gitflow workflow)
- Experience with .NET Core 2.1 or above
- Applied knowledge of an agile development process for small applications.
- Working Knowledge of SOLID design principals, a plus
- Experience with TypeScript, React, AngularJS, or Bootstrap a plus
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework and its implementation a plus
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Pay range: $91,900 – $125,000
The offered rate will be based on the selected candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities and/or experience and in consideration of internal parity.
KBR may offer bonuses, commissions, or other forms of compensation to certain job titles or levels, per internal policy or contractual designation. Additional compensation may be in the form of sign on bonus, relocation benefits, short term incentives, long term incentives, or discretionary payments for exceptional performance.
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
Please Click The link for Application https://kbr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/KBR_Careers/job/Aurora-Colorado/Software-Engineer_R2043026