Employment Type: Full time
Experience level : Experienced Professionals
Country : Netherlands
What’s the role?
In this role you will provide expert advice in the field of mechanical engineering, focusing mainly on pressure vessels and piping. The job includes advice on new equipment as well as assessment and advice for existing (degraded) equipment (trouble shooting & fitness-for-service assessments).
Furthermore, this job is also to manage the long-term improvement agenda for your discipline and development and health of the mechanical engineering skill pool.
Some of your daily activities:
- You will give advice on procurement, application, modification, design, repair, installation and fitness for service in the field of mechanical engineering
- You will define mitigations and authorize deviations from standards/ processes and delegate such authority where appropriate
- You will develop skills and competencies in mechanical engineering in line with changing business needs and technical developments with focus on asset integrity and process safety.
- You will establish continuous improvements of the technical services and share Best Practices within the organization but also peers in Technical/Scientific Institutions.
What we need from you?
- You have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- You have extensive experience (10 yr +) predominately associated with the maintenance and design of mechanical equipment used in the Chemical or Petrochemical industry
- You have sound knowledge of applicable national and internationals codes, rules and standards (ASME, EN, RToD, API).
- Practical field / site experience with installation, maintenance and repair of static equipment.
- Fluency in English and at least some level of Dutch. We can help you learn the latter.
- Team player with credibility in technical expertise, influencing skills, acting as a site expert.
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please Click The Link For Application : https://jobs.shell.com/job/pernis/senior-mechanical-engineer/25244/18650210160