Project Engineer II (Supporting NASA at Johnson Space Center)
The Mission Systems Operation contract (MSOC) has excellent opportunity for a Project Engineer to facilitate design changes to NASA Johnson Space Center’s Mission Systems, which include the Mission Control Center Systems (MCCS), Flight Controller Training Systems (TS) and the Space Vehicle Mockup Facility (SVMF).
- Works with the customer, users, and engineers to effectively analyze user requirements, user stories, and operations concepts
- Works with systems engineers and system developers to develop project integration schedules.
- Provides delivery content definition for a project
- Defines and tracks project milestones and dependencies.
- Coordinate development activities including: integrated software and platform testing, cross-facility testing (MCCS, TS, and SVMF), and tracking external dependencies.
- Works with Integrated Planning Teams to track project delivery schedules.
- Manages project risks in the risk database.
- Works development issues with systems engineers and system developers.
- Reports project status and issues to MSOC management and customer contacts.
- Provides support to the implementation organizations.
- Work effectively in a team setting to collaborate ideas
Work Experience and Requirements:
Applicant should have experience with leading complex system projects, integrating with other organizations such as Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Platform Engineering, Mission Operations, and interacting with the customer to meet NASA program requirements. Prior experience with systems engineering, project management, NASA customer interaction and integrated team leadership is desired, but not required. The applicant should be familiar with a standard integrated engineering process and its application to development, modification and sustainment activities. The selected individual may perform other related duties and assignments as required.
This position requires successful completion of a government background check to access government facilities and systems. Work cannot begin on the NASA program without a fully adjudicated security clearance. If you are not a U.S. Citizen or Green card holder, this check could take 12 to 18 months to complete.
Typically holds a BS in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science (or similar degree) from an accredited college and normally possesses 5 years of professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment.
- System development lifecycle knowledge/experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated leadership experience on technical projects
- Demonstrated project monitoring and control experience
- Ability to interact across organizations and all levels of personnel
- Effective at handling multiple tasks, flexible, and responds quickly to changes
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and professionally represent the program.
- Strong initiative and problem solving skills are also required.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Demonstrated experience across various areas of the systems engineering lifecycle including requirement analysis, design, and documentation
- Familiarity with the MCCS, TS and SVMF at the Johnson Space Center Understanding of NASA Requirements
- Experience with Integrated Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) workflow toolset
- Experience with agile practices
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who will be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or who have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please Click the link for application : https://kbr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/KBR_Careers/job/Houston-Texas/Project-Engineer-II–Supporting-NASA-at-Johnson-Space-Center-_R2043616