Inspection Technician (Metrology) – Sign-On
KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our Metrology Technician Resolves group and customer issues, seeks to improve the overall productivity of the department, anticipates problems and initiates appropriate actions to eliminate them. Proficient at understanding and writing reports and work instructions, and assists customers to define technical requirements to meet their objective. Perform complex maintenance and repair work on equipment to include the following responsibilities / duties.
Our people make the world a more productive, efficient and fascinating place. And that’s only the beginning.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or who have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
Potential Sign-On Bonus up to $1,000.00 for selected candidate.
Responsible for the calibration and certifying of physical/dimensional measuring and test equipment to technical specifications, maintaining traceability to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
- Responsible for the calibration and certifying dimensional measuring and test equipment to technical specifications, maintaining traceability to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
- Performs calibration/repairs on equipment.
- Calibrates standards used in calibrations.
- Conducts uncertainty analysis, develops procedures, and ensures documentation conforms to Quality Systems requirements.
- Installs new equipment; performs modifications on equipment to make it compatible with existing equipment or to enhance its functions.
- Makes reports on electronic or instrumentation system conditions, repairs and preventive maintenance performed; prepares and maintains repair and maintenance records as required by federal and department regulations and directives.
- Develops automated procedures using basic/complex programming skills.
- Performs complex configuration and tests of equipment according to instructions, schematic sketches and/or prescribed testing procedures.
- Uses all hand tools and sets up and uses standard machine tools. Uses common laboratory measuring, calibrating, and test equipment.
- Performs troubleshooting in conjunction with design modification functions involved in production or engineering liaison.
- Makes design modification or devises and designs the equipment parts.
- Provides guidance regarding equipment operation to customers and equipment operators.
- Resolves group and customer issues, seeks to improve the overall productivity of the department, anticipates problems and initiates appropriate actions to eliminate them.
- Proficient at understanding and writing reports and work instructions and assists customers to define technical requirements to meet their objective.
- Performs complex maintenance and repair work on equipment; inspects defective electronic equipment to determine malfunction; reads and interprets schematic diagrams, logic charts, drawings and sketches and manufacturers manuals; uses computer diagnostics to isolate area of malfunction; interfaces digital equipment with the computer and programs equipment and diagnostics functions.
- Provides advanced technical/electronic and instrumentation equipment repair work, troubleshooting, modifying, testing, calibrating, adjusting, repairing, and installing electronic, digital and analog equipment and monitoring devices.
- Performs work safely, in compliant to HS&E requirements, and takes actions to ensure a safe working environment.
- Interacts effectively with others to produce the desired results.
- Participates constructively in the utilization of process improvement methods to provide timely, cost-effective, quality services.
- Performs routine operational tests to assure the modification produces desired outputs; evaluates environments in which equipment is to be installed and how electronic equipment will be affected.
- Maintains records of test data and assists in writing test procedures and test evaluation reports.
- Applies advanced skills in area of specialization.
- Serves as lead resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- May orient, train, assign and check the work of lower level employees.
- May adapt procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment appropriate to meet special needs.
- Provides activity and status reports to management.
- Serves as primary technical contact for assigned customer group
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
- High school diploma or equivalent with 4 years experience, OR Associates degree or applicable technical training and certifications with 2 years experience. Equivalent experience considered in lieu of degree.
- U.S. Citizenship Status required due to client requirement.
- Knowledge of ISO 17025 and understanding of measurement uncertainties.
- Military PMEL/TMDE/Metrology training preferred.
- Fluke Met/Team, Fluke Met/Track and Met/Cal experience a plus.
- Troubleshooting and Calibration experience.
- Previous customer service experience is a plus
Please Click the Link for application : https://kbr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/KBR_Careers/job/Urbana-Ohio/Inspection-Technician–Metrology—-Sign-On_R2043611