The purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative processes, technical knowledge, and direction as listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position serves as an Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects or performs complex to difficult engineering assignments, evaluates, selects, and applies advanced engineering techniques to a broad set of complex assignments.
• Develop and review estimates and schedules, progress reports, including manpower forecasts
• Establish, track, and monitor material key quantities; provide analysis and forecasts
• Develop and review specifications, including design criteria
• Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting
• Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve problems of complex to difficult engineering complexity
• Participate in people development through mentoring, development of training material, conducting training seminars, and performance appraisal input and counseling
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Other duties as assigned
Notice to Candidates:
Background checks are carried out as part of any conditional offer made, including (but not limited to & role dependant) education, professional registration, employment, references, passport verifications and Global Watchlist screening.
Condition of Employment
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required unless an exemption has been approved by the Company as a medical or religious accommodation, or other legally recognized exemption.
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
• Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and ten (10) years of work-related experience or a combination of education and directly related experience equal to fourteen (14) years if non-degreed; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
Other Job Requirements
Due to Client Requirements, Candidates MUST be a US Citizen and DO NOT HOLD dual Citizenship
• Membership in technical society
• Advanced knowledge of discipline codes and standards, commercial availability and cost of materials
• Effort-hour estimating and staff forecasting
• Managing and leading a large project
• Project set-up, developing control-level schedules, progress reporting and project close-out
• Practical field experience
• Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet and electronic presentation programs