Bergen op Zoom
Fluor Consultants BV is focusing on developing long term relationships with customers in revamping, debottlenecking and expanding the production capacity of their existing facilities in the process Industry in the South West of the Netherlands. The Bergen op Zoom and Rotterdam offices provide the full project execution services: from conceptual engineering through commissioning and construction support. Together with Stork (a Fluor company) we have the unique market capacity to offer integrated solutions to our clients. This includes fabrication, modularization and maintenance.
The purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative processes, technical knowledge, and perform the work listed, under minimum general supervision. This position acts as a representative of the department for the Rotating Equipment commodity ensuring technical accuracy in project execution in all phases, this position serves as a Responsible Engineer, or Technical Area Lead on assigned projects or performs complex technical assignments, depending on experience level.
The scope under this commodity covers all types of rotating equipment such as pumps, compressors, steam/ gas turbines, blowers, fans, and other types of complex machinery or packaged equipment.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for the specification, selection, and services relating to rotating equipment including gas turbines, steam turbines, compressors, pumps, and packaged equipment
• Calculations for equipment selection and (preliminary) equipment sizing
• Preparation of material requisitions for inquiry and purchase
• Preparation & review of technical evaluations of supplier bids
• Review of supplier drawings & documents
• Attend supplier meetings & resolve issues related to manufacturing
• Participate in inspections and factory acceptance tests
• Coordinate / interface with engineering disciplines process, piping, electrical, control systems and civil for equipment & facility design
• Cooperate with Client and third parties
• Plan the execution of the work, track progress & report to the Mechanical Lead Engineer
• Assist in proposal preparations where required
• Support field engineering/ construction during equipment installation and related issues arising in construction site.
• Develop and build external relations with client representatives, vendors, and subcontractors and interface closely with other discipline functions promoting Client Service Excellence
• Execute project work in accordance with approved Activity Plans
• Adhere to industry codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures
• Contribute to and promote the use of Fluor’s knowledge management portals and communities
• Participate in people development within commodity through mentoring, development of training material, and performance appraisal input and counseling when applicable
• May promote company branding by active participation in external technical organizations and presents technical papers or presentations through Fluor’s P4 process
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• May need to travel to attend to business related matters
• Other duties as assigned
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
• Knowledge of industry codes and standards such as API, ASME, ISO and PIP, Machine Directive and ATEX
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in rotating equipment engineering
• Minimum BSc in Mechanical Engineering
• Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English
• Willingness to travel if required