Job type : Professionals
Experience level : Senior
This leadership role is accountable for IT Service Management services. The ITSM Team Lead will take full responsibility for overseeing all aspects of BPX IT Service Management processes including analysis, planning, and implementation of all areas including CMDB, Incident, Problem, Change, Release, End User Compute, and Disaster Recovery. This role will manage the IT Service Desk, Incident Management, Asset Management, Change Management and Site Support operations.
This role will keep management informed of key operational metrics, highlight efficiencies and improvements on a regular basis. You will negotiate with partners at senior levels, ensuring that organizational policy and strategies are adhered to. You will monitor benefits and improvements against what was predicted in the business case and ensures that all participants are informed and involved throughout the change improvement program and fully prepared to exploit the new operational business environment once it is in place.
Requires strong attention to transforming IT service management (ITSM) with a more agile approach Product families around support should become more prominent, requiring the development of warm skills and a strong dose of emotional quotient, along with the ability to successfully manage across different technology functions and support vendors.
The ITSM Team Lead will develop, deliver and handle creative, cost-effective solutions that help make BPX more productive. These services should also be delivered safely with the critical role of protecting BPX information and systems securely against the growing risk of viruses and other security threats. The role will work to drive faster change adoption and improve the experience of our people who are impacted by change.
- Partner with the executive sponsors to communicate program goals, objectives, and potential outcomes
- Facilitate product roadmaps, vision, requirements through meetings and workshops at all user and management levels
- In collaboration with Enterprise Architects, defines the product vision, roadmap, and growth opportunities
- Work closely with our Product Owners to lead conflict resolution, and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Work as part of geographically dispersed team, effectively communicating prioritized business unit needs and prioritized project statuses
- Execute Incident and Problem Management processes, consolidate updates and call out where necessary and participate in major incident management, supporting the Resolution Manager as required
- Run support transition of new project releases and effectively codify and communicate lessons learned
- Provide management and direction to the collection of information through a customer conversation, accessing support tools, and additional support staff (service resources) as required
- Implement and uphold processes that meet Digital Security Standards
- Manage supplier capabilities, including turnaround times, pricing, and overall ability to adapt to changing BPX requirements
- Develop and controls the program budget across many IT Service Lines and manages expenditure within agreed spending plans
- Ensure the availability of the required skills and competencies across project teams within the program
- Lead the oversight of program ITSM projects’ execution, their progress compared with the plan and the production of agreed deliverables
- Manage vendor and consultant augmentation of internal technology teams in service of program outcomes, balancing costs to value outcomes and budget
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, a related quantitative field required. Master’s preferred
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- 10+ years of overall experience working on multiple IT platforms
- 3+ years of hands on experience in Agile approaches to Product Management
- Domain expertise for ITSM, including improving the domain knowledge capabilities of the team members
- Experience in designing and improving support processes in large IT organizations
- Deep understanding of Helpdesk processes
- Should have significant experience with developing or supporting enterprise applications from end-to-end
- Ability to provide understanding and direction in aligning the strategic roadmap with the business vision, strategy and priorities