Surrey, United Kingdom
Title:EDES35 – Principal Designer
KBR’s global business comprises two main segments – Sustainable Technology Solutions (STS) and Government Solutions (GS). This role sits within STS in the Integrated Solutions business unit. Integrated Solutions is the engineering and project delivery group providing services which include front-end and detailed engineering, procurement, construction services, and program management primarily in the hydrocarbons and energy transition industries.
KBR typically execute highly technical traditional energy projects and are now developing into renewable energy projects. The candidate should be willing to learn new skills and develop in a large range of areas including Onshore, Offshore, LNG, Floating, Refining and Petrochemical. KBR are also committed to expanding in renewable energy sectors including wind, biofuel, carbon capture and hydrogen.
We are looking for a Principal Designer to work on Onshore and Offshore projects. The individual should have extensive experience in piping design and plant layout and be fully converse with 2D and 3D CAD applications. The candidate will be expected to work on projects and different stages from concept through to EPC. The candidate may also take the Lead Design role on pre-FEED and small FEED projects.
The position is based in KBR’s Leatherhead Campus. Flexible working can be discussed, however the expectation is that the role will be office based.
- Develop front end piping layout deliverables including complex plant layouts, plant layout reports etc.
- Build on their knowledge of the technical requirements of piping up individual items of equipment.
- May be required to work on a number of small projects at one time.
- Communicate effectively with other engineering disciplines.
- Supervision of less experienced designers to achieve project outcomes.
- Committed to multi-centre project execution.
- Capable of representing the piping discipline to the client.
- Ability to travel as needed to survey client sites.
- Adhere to KBR WAY engineering standards and procedures as well as provide input to their development and enhancement.
Skills / Experience:
- Extensive knowledge of Piping Design and Plant Layout from concept through to detail design.
- Fully converse with 2D CAD applications including AutoCAD and Microstation
- Fully converse with Aveva E3D.
- Significant onshore and offshore layout experience.
- Good communication skills including ability to present at design reviews.
- Ability to use Hexagon SP3D.
- Engineering support experience to construction or commissioning.
- Minimum Higher National Certificate (HNC) in Plant Process or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. Through collaboration with our customers, we’re defining tomorrow’s challenges, then providing the solutions and services to overcome those challenges, always maintaining our commitment to total safety and reliability.
At KBR, we partner with government and industry clients to provide purposeful and comprehensive solutions with an emphasis on efficiency and safety. With a full portfolio of services, proprietary technologies and expertise, our employees are ready to handle projects and missions throughout their entire lifecycle, from planning and design to sustainability and maintenance. Whether at the bottom of the ocean or in outer space, our clients trust us to deliver the impossible on a daily basis.
Working at KBR means being rewarded for your contributions. In addition to competitive benefits and professional development, our people are empowered to use all their potential, creating meaningful change for themselves and our clients. We attract the best minds in the world because our expertise thrives on creativity, resourcefulness and collaboration. That is how we supply our clients with cutting-edge solutions and services.
As the needs of the world change, we’re ready to respond and guide the way forward with strategic, sustainable, and technological advancements grounded in more than a century of practical application and execution.
please click on this link for application https://kbr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/kbr_careers/job/Surrey-United-Kingdom/EDES35—-Principal-Designer_R2040473