Updated : 08/12/2021
Employment Type : null
Experience level : Early Careers
Purpose & Accountabilities
- Primary responsibility in preparing/developing work plan with comprehensive work packs from overhaul reports, maintenance reports, general task list, equipment specific task lists, spare part list, equipment drawings, circuit diagrams, P&IDs, operation and maintenance manuals of OEMs , Asset best practices , technical implementation letter (TIL) etc., for heavy duty rotary equipment like engines, pumps, compressors, turbines etc., and static equipment like columns, safety valves, valves, pressure vessels, heat exchangers etc., as per Shell Standards
- Building work packs that include detailed description of the tasks that need to be performed for overhauling / maintenance of each machine, parts required, resources, tools required, time required and relationship between tasks.
- Prepare Initial response, carry out assessment, ensure correct prioritization of work, troubleshoot & propose technical solutions virtually, co-ordinate discussion with stakeholders, conduct Risk Assessment, ensure good QA/QC, record keeping, & final job closure to enable high equipment reliability & plant technical availability.
- Planning PM & CM work orders in Maximo/SAP and building library work packs that include detailed description of the tasks that need to be performed for time & condition-based maintenance, breakdown maintenance, ordering parts required, service or tools required, estimating time required, Estimating cost of work order, network mapping and quality check points for minimum assurance tasks.
- Job hazard assessment, setting out risks anticipated required while performing tasks and creating Permit to work.
- Identifying the system condition for each operation activity tasks should be ascertained about the shutdown windows availability or suitable opportunities for maintenance activities.
- Planning of end to end work orders to enable efficient scheduling and ensure compliance of executable work orders.
- First level diagnosis of damage history, determining the failure mode on the basis of anomaly reports and information given in corrective maintenance work request/ notification.
- Investigating and analysis of CM work request to identify the true cause of the problem and prepare work orders with the detailed tasks to repair the damage with as much as detailed information required to complete the job effectively including procedures, sketches, specifications or drawings deemed necessary.
- Improving productivity by ensuring the resource, special tool, material and service requirements availability before the job begins.
- Customize the equipment make and model specific work packs into site specific workpack by adding site conditions and parameters.
- Accommodate the PM library changes by converting the turnaround documents to the global workpacks.
- Constantly engage with site maintenance leads, original equipment manufacturers, vendors and modify the workpacks as recommended/required by the site maintenance personnel.
- Anticipate & plan for mandatory spares, tools and tackles and manpower required for the heavy-duty equipment based on the information extracted from maintenance manuals, collate any additional information about equipment & its spares, if required from the vendors and accommodate the information in the workpack.
- Interact and communicate with the site focal for Preventive Maintenance Libraries and maintenance strategies, understanding the intricacies about how the actual maintenance activities for heavy duty rotating equipment and other machinery have been planned and performed in various Operating Units of Shell.
- Understanding the functions of the various equipment and instruments and also thorough knowledge of reading/ interpreting the engineering drawings (P&IDs, PEFS, PFDs).
- Identifying & resolving the bottlenecks for data analysis, maintaining issue logs and use the same in implementing changes/improvements in the processes.
- Shall be able to demonstrate the capabilities of supporting remote assets with their routine maintenance planning. Develop work planning through SAP with clear understanding of all required information and documentation to execute a job in the field.
- The candidate should be have worked in the capacity of and now be able to work closely with Engineering, Supply Chain, Scheduling and other maintenance support teams to develop a plan for executing the work on field.
- Sound knowledge on work prioritization, production critical threats, safety systems management and statutory compliances.
- Should be able to draft permits and demonstrate understanding of JHA, HRA, HAZID and similar risk assessment and their control mechanisms
- Clear understanding of maintenance strategies for preventive maintenance and their implementation in CMMS.
- Able to initiate a purchase requisition, track supply chain, find the right material masters and verify the correctness of bills of materials.
- Understand the concept of manhour estimation for maintenance activities by incorporating HOTT, referring Global norms and best practices etc.,
- Develop work planning through SAP with clear understanding of all required information and documentation to execute a job in the field.
- The candidate should be have worked in the capacity of and now be able to work closely with Engineering, Supply Chain, Scheduling to develop a plan for executing the work on field. This also involves coordination knowledge with Electrical, Instrumentation and Service Support Teams and basic idea about their work planning mechanism
- Should be able to coordinate with Third Party Vendors, OEMs and Service Providers for execution of specific targeted maintenance scopes. Understand the process of mobilization of manpower to offshore asset.
- Awareness of the statutory, safety and regulatory compliances for offshore asset operations to enable work planning for these scopes cater to the specific requirement
- Demonstrate sound knowledge in contracts management, document management, service entries and EFAs.
- Understand the concept of work clustering for complex multi-discipline scopes using scheduling tools like Primavera to be able to optimize timeline for a shutdown or campaign.
- No Annual budgets which you directly control but can have influence over department and production area budgets.
- No direct staff, but the candidate is expected to coach/mentor less experienced staff
- Exposes the individual to all cultural backgrounds and organizational levels, across diverse time zones.
- The role will invole working in shifts (Afternoon/Evening/Late Evening Shifts) to have enough interface with the asset/plant to be supported remotely/virtually.
- Ability to work under pressure and perform multitask simultaneously.
- May involve travelling to various operating units/sites across the globe as per requirements.
Skills & Requirements
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 plus years of overall working experience in operations and maintenance in Oil & Gas / Refinery/Petrochemicals Industry.
- Minimum 2 or more years of experience in supporting the Work Planning/Work Preparation/Work Packs/Global Work Packs Library/HOTT Process as Mechanical Work Planner using SAP for UPS/IG/DSM assets is must.
- Erection & commissioning/ operations and maintenance of heavy rotating equipment like turbines, engines (preferably natural gas engines), compressors (Centrifugal/ reciprocating compressors), centrifugal pumps etc., inspection & maintenance of static equipment like columns, safety valves, valves, pressure vessels, heat exchangers etc.,
- Experience in preparing the maintenance work instructions, task lists, work packs, work and manpower/HOTT estimation for major maintenance/ overhauling of the rotary/static equipment.
- Design, maintenance, troubleshooting experience and Knowledge of rotating machines such as centrifugal compressor, gas turbine, steam turbine, centrifugal pump, reciprocating compressor, screw compressor, positive displacement pump, Induced/Forced draught fan, cooler fan and blower.
- Proficiency in working with Primavera -P6, shall be an added advantage.
- Hands on Experience in Plant Maintenance Area as an engineering/end user of Maximo EAM / SAP PM Module/ Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)/Document Management System etc.,
- Strong aptitude for Learner Mindset
- Flexibility to move quickly across changing priorities and manage multiple Projects/Programmes
- Ability to independently, resourcefully, and creatively research and implement new solutions
- A good understanding of the Upstream/DS/IG business and how it works.
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate at all levels inside and outside Shell and within different cultural settings.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to challenge and ability to build internal and external relationships based on trust and to integrate across multiple functions.
- Continuous Improvement and Knowledge of Lean CI methodology is an added value.
Please Click the link for application : https://jobs.shell.com/job/chennai/senior-process-data-engineer/25244/19616658688